The Mongan Method
What Is HypnoBirthing?
Our HypnoBirthing program is all about facilitating a gentle, comfortable, natural and joyful birthing experience for the mother, her partner and the baby. We help you prepare for a birth that will make your baby’s welcome into this world one that will leave an imprint of joy that will last a lifetime.
This course is presented by Michelle Clift and consists of a series of classes where the mothers-to-be and their partner or birthing companion have the birthing process explained and demystified, fears dispelled and are taught exercises, strategies and hypnotic techniques to use during the labour and the preceding weeks. Classes are held in small groups of 3 to 5 couples.
What you learn:
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis to eliminate the fear and tension that cause a long labour and pain, and special breathing techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour
- Techniques of deep relaxation during and between contractions
- That extreme pain need not accompany normal birthing
- Recognising the mother’s body is designed to work in harmony with nature throughout labour
- The importance of bonding before and after the birth of your baby
The HypnoBirthing Advantage
HypnoBirthing eliminates the ‘fear – tension – pain syndrome’ before, during and after the birth.
- It promotes being in tune with your body during birth.
- Can shorten the first stage of labour by several hours
- Eliminates fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake and with energy for the birthing
- Promotes special bonding of the mother, baby and birthing companion
- Helps to promote a more rapid postnatal recovery
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion
Many of the mums we have worked with say they experienced no pain at all during their labour.
When should you do the course?
It’s best to start classes at about 20 to 32 weeks gestation, but it is never too late to learn HypnoBirthing. We can accomodate any couple who wants to learn this process at even the latest stages of pregnancy, with personal classes and other alternate arrangements.
We keep our class sizes small, so places fill very quickly. Please book early to get into the class that suits you best.
It is important that both mother and birthing partner can attend every class.
Available for Parents who have had participated in a previous Simply Natural HypnoBirthing class.