Counsellors assist people with emotional and psychological unrest or act as a sounding board or moderator for unresolved issues. A counsellor may refer you to a doctor or psychologist. A holistic counsellor has broad knowledge of many holistic modalities and is also likely to guide you through a range of complementary medicines.
What can it help with?
Holistic Counselling may help mental and emotional pain, physical illness and injury. Which can often be related to the following conditions:
- Inability or lack of willingness to express love and forgiveness
- Lack of personal honesty and integrity
- Not understanding the true meaning of life
- Withholding the expression of love and acceptance from one’s self and others (low self esteem)
- Unexpressed/repressed emotions such as anger, guilt, fear or hostility
- Persistent worry and/or anxiety
- Moving too fast, being too stressed and not taking time to slow down
- Internal struggle between acquired beliefs (negative ego) and love, truth and honesty (conscience)
Stress as an internal and external conflict can create physical pain and illness. Short term stress causes tightness and acute pain whilst long term stress can cause serious health problems or disease. Our Holistic Counsellor can help you recognise and resolve these stresses.
How will it feel?
Sessions vary depending on which practitioner you see. Your practitioner may use a combination of counselling as well as healing techniques, like Reiki. These modalities combined provide opportunities for better understanding of self in order to resolve and or even prevent pain, dis-ease, ageing and stress. Stress (mostly unacknowledged) is the origin of all illness, so for many it is simple to describe this modality as stress management.
What benefits might I receive?
You may feel calmer, less anxious and happier within yourself. If you have also been suffering from physical pain as a result of emotional issues, you may feel the symptoms reduce.
How many treatments will I need?
Your therapist will discuss a treatment plan to suit your specific needs.
How much does it cost?